Sunday, November 24, 2013

Crochet ear warmer headbands


I learned to crochet with my grandma when I was 12 years old. I started off with making a lot of hot pads, of course square hot pads. They literally are the easiest thing to make, which is why I started with those. Years later I thought… “Hey, I know how to crochet, why I don’t I make ______ item?” Little did I know… there are many more stiches to crocheting other than chaining and double crochets.  So, as I’ve made a few more items since then, YouTube has been my best friend. I seriously don’t know how my grandma learned how to do it when she was younger. I’m a watch and do kind of girl, and she didn’t have YouTube. If you ever looked at crochet magazines or books, the instructions on how to do a stich are so confusing… so I suggest, If you want to learn and your pattern asks for stitches you don’t know, YouTube it. It literally is an awesome way to go.

 
 


I used this pattern for my crochet ear warmers… I guessed on measurements for my daughter. I used the full measurements for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment